We are looking for an FPU student to join our team of Information Desk Attendants. The shift available is Tuesdays and Thursdays 12 PM - 2 PM.
Attendants are responsible for assisting the Student Involvement staff in providing services and general information to the campus community and guests at the Information Desk. Student Attendants are to serve as receptionists and administrative support to the Campus Center and are a source of information regarding campus programs and events. Information Desk Attendants are expected to promote campus events/activities as they assist in advertising, poster making and other tasks assigned by the Student Involvement staff. Attendants provide for the general security, operation, and supervision of the Campus Center during and after normal business hours and on the weekends. Information Desk Attendants are expected to be creative as they engage the campus community within the Campus Center. Staff members should be able to work independently and be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for the campus community.
•A reading tutor opportunity within the local school system is potentially available for additional hours and responsibilities to interested employees. Please indicate your interest to the professional staff within the interview process.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Must be at least a Second Semester Freshman to Apply
* Preference is given to Federal Work Study students
*Must be, or will be, van certified through the university. (minimum of 8 passenger van certification)
* Willing to assist with on-campus events. Duties could include setup, assisting with running the event and take down.
* Willing to engage their peers as well as guests and other community members.
* Students must be familiar with the campus community and workings of the campus center.
* Positive attitude and effective communication skills.
* Able to follow specific guidelines and instructions.
* Effectively relate to the public and campus community.
* Must be able to deal with a diverse group of people, work environment, and shift roles quickly.
* Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.All applicants must submit a cover letter along with a completed application.
If you decide to apply for this position you will be asked to provide a cover letter and resume.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, Franklin Pierce recognizes the impact of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-899-4075. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.